Sunday, April 29, 2007

March of Dimes Walk 2007


This was our first MOD Walk. It was good. We didn't get to stay at the reunion because it was too windy for the babies. Matthew did get to see Spiderman. Matthew felt really good about doing the walk. We all did. It was good to see some of the nurses from the NICU, although we didn't get to see any fellow preemies.

Matthew has officially given up on naps. Towards the end of the day he gets to be a handful. I was still forcing the naps because of his behavior until I realized he would behave like that whether he napped or not. When I was forcing his naps, it would take me three hours to get him to nap and then he would be up late at night. It was becoming a vicious cycle. I think giving up the nap time battle was the right thing to do and he even goes to bed at a normal time. Now every one's sanity will be spared.

Mallory and Kyle are holding their own toys for a limited time. They are growing and changing so much. The have their first Early Intervention Follow up tomorrow. I am really looking forward to it. We will find out if they have any delays, what they are and how to work on them. I think they are doing pretty well, although I do think Mallory will need some physical therapy. She doesn't hold her head up very well, so I think she has weak neck muscles. I also think she may need help with her arms. She holds them extended outwards a lot. She may need help bringing them in.

Matthew's Pop-Pop bought him a new Spiderman Fishing Pole today. Matthew is excited about learning how to fish.

This summer is going to be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Mallory

Mallory

Kyle

Kyle

Matthew

Matthew

Chris, Matthew, Kyle, Mallory and Niece Britanie

Chris, Matthew, Kyle, Mallory and Niece Britanie
Daddy having fun with the family

March of Dimes Walk 2007

March of Dimes Walk 2007
Spiderman, Matthew and Chris

About Me

We are Christopher, Kimberly, Matthew, Mallory, Kyle and our dog Chandler Bing.