Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sick Kids!


This picture is of Mallory and Kyle bundled up to go to the ER.
On Thursday, all three kids went to the allergist and all three kids were diagnosed with asthma. Friday morning, babies were not responding to the nebulizer treatments and were having trouble breathing. I took them both to Peds Express, after 4 back to back hospital breathing treatments, Mallory responded and started to breathe with ease. After 5, Kyle was still not responding, so they did a chest x-ray and he has pneumonia also! Bad news! They said they had to keep him. Fast forward two days, numerous breathing treatments, oxygen, IV antibiotics, IV steroids, IV fluids, and many IV pokes, to Sunday afternoon, Kyle has not made any change! Doctor says it's up to me, I can either let him stay one more day or take him home and treat him just like I was treating him before I brought him in. I brought him home! He is now improving! Go figure!
The only thing good about the whole hospital experience, is that I got to witness something really special. Santa came to the Pediatric floor. He was accompanied by a slew of bikers with Toys for Tots. The bikers looked so tough on the outside, but wore their hearts on their sleeves. Every kid on the floor got to sit on Santa's lap and even got a present, including visiting siblings. It was very special!
I know we can't go the rest of the season germ free but I would like to keep it hospital free!

2 comments:

Annie said...

OMG, I am so sorry about all this! I swear, between our kids and hospital stays, we're going to meet up there one day! :) Bikers are the biggest teddy bears around............I have to agree!

Unknown said...

Ah....nebulizer treatments, hospital stays and pnuemonia. I went through all that with Logan. It took almost 6 years but he finally outgrew it...of course it was soon replaced with growing pains....OH Mommy my legs ache and Anna is giving me a headache!

Mallory

Mallory

Kyle

Kyle

Matthew

Matthew

Chris, Matthew, Kyle, Mallory and Niece Britanie

Chris, Matthew, Kyle, Mallory and Niece Britanie
Daddy having fun with the family

March of Dimes Walk 2007

March of Dimes Walk 2007
Spiderman, Matthew and Chris

About Me

We are Christopher, Kimberly, Matthew, Mallory, Kyle and our dog Chandler Bing.